25 March 2021
If you have diabetes, then managing the condition can become overwhelming sometimes. You need to follow a strictly planned schedule wherein you need to manage your diet, do regular workouts, take timely medications, and carrying your diabetic supplies.
It is essential to take your medicines on time as prescribed by your health advisor; for that, you need to carry your diabetic supplies like vials, syringes, glucometer, and other medications, which can be cumbersome.
A diabetes wallet helps you to organize your diabetic supplies properly and systematically. There are numerous benefits of a diabetic wallet as you can easily store and manage your diabetic supplies depending upon your diabetic condition. Diabetic supplies come in a variety of sizes and designs to meet the varied needs of each patient. In general, a standard diabetic wallet can help you carry below diabetic supplies in an organized way.
- Glucometer and Diabetic Test Strips to check your blood sugar levels in case of critical situations when your blood sugar levels are rapidly rising or falling. Keeping your blood sugar levels at the right level is vital in managing your diabetes.
- Insulin is an essential diabetic supply for insulin-dependent diabetic patients. Insulin should not be stored at any more than room temperature, so the patients who need insulin need to carry it with them. Failure in doing so can pose serious life-threatening sugar levels.
- Oral medications for those who are not insulin-dependent, the diabetic wallet provides them a place to keep their diabetic pills and insulin if they are traveling or come across an unexpected situation.
- Cold-pack to keep your insulin vials or other temperature-sensitive items cool and avoiding them from direct exposure to higher temperatures. A diabetic wallet provides you space to store the cold-pack to keep your diabetic supplies safe and protected.
- Carbohydrates and glucose items to control a sudden fall in your blood sugar levels. Just as high blood sugar levels are dangerous, similarly are low blood sugar levels. Insulin-dependent patients might experience a dynamic drop in their blood sugar levels after having their insulin dosage. A diabetic wallet helps you store fast-acting carbohydrates and glucose that enable you to cope with the situation.
- Syringes or insulin pen needles to give yourself an insulin injection when you don’t use an insulin pump. It is recommended to keep a sufficient number of syringes or insulin pen needles while you are away as you don’t know when an unexpected situation might arise.
A diabetic wallet has various benefits for people with diabetes, some of which we have discussed below.
- Enable you to store and manage your diabetic supplies in one place securely. They are designed so that there is a compartment for each of the specific supplies that people usually carry with them. They also have a section where you can store used test strips and other items for safe disposal. Having your diabetic supplies managed systematically enables you to check on things that are soon going to replenish.
- They offer a stylish storage solution for your diabetic supplies. You can find diabetic wallets in different colors, styles, and sizes. You can choose your diabetic wallet depending upon the supplies you wish to carry and manage your diabetic condition.
- Some of the diabetic wallets also comes with a compartment to store cold packs for your temperature-sensitive diabetic supplies. Cold-packs help you store your insulin, glucometer, and other medications at room temperature and keeping them safe.
We have tried to discuss how a diabetic wallet can help you manage and store your diabetic supplies in this blog. Another critical aspect of managing your diabetic supplies is to ensure that they are not going to expire soon.
Depending upon your medical condition, you need to figure out the average amount of diabetic supplies you would require to manage your blood sugar levels effectively. Diabetic test strips are the most common of the diabetic supplies that patients overstock. Now you don’t have to worry about your unused, undamaged, and soon-to-be expired diabetic test strips.
You can sell your diabetic test strips to earn real and fast cash instead of letting them expire in your drawers. You can look out for local buyers in your area who can buy your diabetic test strips. These buyers offer pick-up and shipping facilities to sell your diabetic test strips, and you get instant cash in your pocket.
In this blog, we have tried to discuss diabetic wallets and how they can help you store your diabetic supplies. You can search out diabetic wallet online or can consult your healthcare advisor regarding which one will best suit your need. We will be back with more such meaningful insights on diabetes management; till then, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
After understanding why people sell their diabetic...
Diabetic test strips are the easiest way to monito...
Are you planning to go out on vacations with your ...
For people living with Diabetes, diabetic test str...